Saturday, December 15, 2012
28gate the Foreign "Aid" Advertising Agency Behind the Curtain
I think I have the answer to that. As you will see from the list there were also 2 from the International Broadcasting Trust who "co-organised" this with the BBC. IBT were the ones who were stupid enough to leave the "cannot ever be made public because of journalistic ethics" list on their website.
* Blake Lee-Harwood, Head of Campaigns, Greenpeace - has more than twenty years experience of developing and implementing advocacy and campaign programmes around the world on a wide range of issues.
* Anuradha Vittachi, Director, Oneworld.net - internationally published journalist and an award-winning TV documentary-maker on global justice issues, and the author of acclaimed books on global survival - activist not scientist
* Li Moxuan, Climate campaigner, Greenpeace China - one of two Greenpeace reps
* Tadesse Dadi, Tearfund Ethiopia - Tearfund is to help "local churches overcome poverty" - eco-activist
* Andy Atkins, Advocacy Director, Tearfund - 2 from the same charity
IBT - Cheryl Campbell, Executive Director, Television for the Environment - Cheryl trained as a journalist ...working for BBC ..Christian Aid...Cheryl is a trustee of the International Broadcasting Trust - no mention of studying to become a "leading scientist".
IBT - Mark Galloway, Director, IBT - International Broadcasting Trust "one of our principal activities is lobbying" - not science
* Jos Wheatley, Global Environment Assets Team, DFID - Department of International Development - government flack not scientist at all
* Tessa Tennant, Chair, AsRia - Association for Sustainable Investment in Asia - In 1988 she co-founded the UK's first sustainable investment unit trust ..served on environmental advisory panels for the UK Government and HRH The Prince of Wales IBT's site explains they are: "The International Broadcasting Trust is an educational and media charity working to promote high quality broadcast and online coverage of the developing world. Our aim is to further awareness and understanding of the lives of the majority of the world´s people – and the issues which affect them.
Our work focuses on three main areas of activity:
- lobbying Government, regulators and broadcasters
- dialogue with the main public service broadcasters
- research on broadcast and online coverage of the developing world
We regularly publish research and organise events to encourage a greater understanding of the role which the media plays in engaging people in the UK with the wider world.
We are a membership based organisation. We organise briefings for our members so that they can work more closely with broadcasters and producers. For a current membership list see IBT members page"
Their list of members is essentially a list of charities, a number of which I recognise straight off as government funded (UK and international) sock puppets. It includes Tearfund, who provided 2 of these 28 and Comic Relief which is essentially a BBC organisation - thus the BBC paying an organistation to lobby the BBC that it is right of them to censor. They don't say exactly how the funding works out but clearly they are not puttin g out the begging bowl and i am certain the taxpayer ultimately pays.
Looking at the description of what it was founded for, the IBT was originally a lobbyist for the foreign "aid" industry. Looking at their list of productions it is also clear that this is how they started though latterly have moved into the "catastrophic warming" lobby industry. In the same way the American NCSE started as an anti-creationist "charity" moving into warmism despite their boss being unable to talk on the subject becase "she isn't a climate expert".
Clearly what happened is simply that the BBC asked their "co-organisers" to do the organising and they just ran through their address book to include anybody who could be relied on to support the BBC line - not just not requiring that they be scientists but not requiring that they know anything about even warming alarmism.
Meanwhile Brian Monteith has an article about the BBC, "BBC's bias is a big turn off" including discussion of 28gate. My most recent letter hasn't been publiched by the MSM either.