Click to get your own widget

Saturday, February 28, 2009

OBAMA PLAGIARISES PALIN

Obama on Saturday at the end of his speech saying how his "stimulus" plan will get the economy moving rather than rewarding vested interests (actually the exact opposite of the truth):

The system we have now might work for the powerful and well-connected interests that have run Washington for far too long, but I don't. I work for the American people

From Sarah Palin's speech accepting nomination as VP:

But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country

I remember when a Presidential candidate cribbed a rather maudlin speech from Neil Kinnock about how the medieval Kinnocks never went to university but I think plagiarising the once & future opposing candidate is a bit much.

In fact though not as folksy I think the best bit of her speech was
The right reason is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it.

No one expects us to agree on everything.

But we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ... a servant's heart.

I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States. This was the spirit that brought me to the governor's office, when I took on the old politics as usual in Juneau ... when I stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies, and the good-ol' boys network.

Sudden and relentless reform never sits well with entrenched interests and power brokers. That's why true reform is so hard to achieve.

which is both thoughtful about the difficulty of true reform & refers to her record of doing things - both of which are beyond Obama. However if he was going to rip off something I wish it had been
Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines and build more nuclear plants
Now that took guts to say & earned her enemies (or made the enemies she already had more rabid) & had she, or Obama, done it the US economy would already have regained the confidence necessary to recover

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs.